Kassandra Tat graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and then went on to attend Suffolk University Law School, where she graduated cum laude. Kassandra Tat believes every client deserves compassionate, client-centered, and solution-oriented advocacy and is dedicated to this approach, regardless of the client or type of case. Outside of the office, Kassandra loves cooking, running, and most of all, hiking and playing frisbee with her Australian shepherd, Brady.
Education Suffolk University Law School
Juris Doctor, May 2016
Awards and Honors
- Dean’s List 2014
- Dean’s List 2015
- Dean’s List 2016
- Pro-Bono Honors 2016
- ACC Ethics Award 2016
COMMITTEE FOR PUBLIC COUNSEL SERVICES | Rule 3:03 Attorney | Boston, MA May ‘15 – Sep. ‘16
▪ Reduced bail and attained rehabilitative services for criminal defendants by presenting persuasive oral arguments, highlighting inconsistencies in police reports, and negotiating with prosecutors.
▪ Researched, drafted, and argued motions to suppress, motions in limine, and motions to dismiss.
SUFFOLK LAW FAMILY ADVOCACY CLINIC | Rule 3:03 Attorney | Boston, MA Sep. ‘15 – May ‘16
▪ Obtained restraining orders to protect clients and their children from imminent danger and harm.
▪ Formulated case strategies by performing interviews, developing client rapport, and proving counsel to assess client priorities and goals.
▪ Advocated for client before probation and guardians ad litem in matters involving custody, child support, and parenting time.
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology 2012
Certifications & Associations
- Massachusetts Bar, Member in Good Standing
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts Bar, Member in good standing
Leadership & Community Involvement
Kassandra Tat frequently spends time with students from her almae matres, the Boston Latin School, Suffolk University Law School, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst in a mentoring position, judging moot court competitions, and speaking at career day.
- American English
- Cantonese (written and spoken)
- Mandarin (written and spoken)
To reach Attorney Kassandra Tat, fill out the form below.