Why we offer a Free Divorce Consultation
Getting a divorce is not something you’ve planned for. Most people find themselves considering divorce are way out of their comfort zone and considering steps never contemplated. First, take a deep breath and try to relax. Divorce can be a lengthy process, it will take, anywhere from a few months to a few years to become fully free of your spouse. You want to be sure that every action you take is the one that will put you in a better position post-divorce. To do this, you are going to need a team to walk with you, every step of the way. We can be that team. Our attorneys are experienced, compassionate, and tough. We can make a complex process much easier for you and help you to refocus your life on a brighter new future.
The best way to have a successful divorce is for you to choose your attorney carefully. Come to our office and engage in a complimentary 30 minute free divorce consultation with one of our attorneys. This is a great opportunity to see if you are comfortable with us, and get some initial questions answered. For safety and convenience our consultations can take place via Zoom, telephone, or in our office in Rockland, Massachusetts.
You can ask us questions, explain your unique situation, and find out a lot more about the divorce process. We will explain to you how the process works, how we can help you, and how fees and billing work. After the consultation, hiring one of our attorneys is easy. You can pay a retainer online and fill out a few forms to give us the information we need to get started.
What to bring to get the most out of your free divorce consultation;
- A list of all of the parties involved. Spouses full name, social security number, place of employment. Children’s names, schools, and birthdays.
- Your marriage certificate. If you don’t have one please try to recall the date and place of your marriage, so we can order a certificate for you.
- Also make a list of assets. Real Estate owned, retirement accounts, bank accounts, investment accounts, trust accounts, businesses owned, automobiles, boats, expensive toys, valuable art.
- A list of your debts. Mortgages, credit cards, student loans, personal loans, business loans, tax debts, private loans, car loans, boat loans, and any other money you may owe to anyone including relatives.
- Think about your goals for life post-divorce. What is your vision of custody of the children? Do you want to live in the home? Etc.
It is ok if you do not have all of this information. We are also good at filling in the blanks later, but to get the most out of your consult, do spend some time considering these questions before you arrive for the free divorce consultation .
Your free divorce consultation with us is confidential. An attorney- client relationship begins the moment you meet with one of our attorneys to seek legal advice and does not depend on the exchange of funds. Rest assured that your thoughts and questions are safe with us. Feel free to call us at 781 857 0225 or fill out the form below. We will respond as quickly as possible.